The Nichols & Simpson organ at the Cathedral of St. Andrew in Little Rock, Arkansas was completed in 1992 and replaces an instrument constructed by M.P. Möller Company in 1932. The new organ was designed to retain much of the character of the Möller organ, replacing the large electro-pneumatic chests with new pallet and slider chests, allowing the exposure of the rose window depicting St. Cecilia, patron saint of musicians, which had been hidden for the sixty-year history of the Möller instrument. The console features keys of polished cow-bone and rosewood. The drawknobs are of turned rosewood with bone inset for the engraving. The interior of the console is constructed of burl oak. The solid state control system allows the organist 99 levels of combination action memory and four levels of crescendo with two adjustable Tuttis.
Those who contributed to the realization of the organ include:
C. Joseph Nichols (engineering, installation, tonal finishing)
Wayne E. Simpson III (design, voicing, installation, tonal finishing)
Robert Bartram (windchest construction, installation)
Paul V. Scott (windchest construction, installation)
Michael P. Snoddy (windchest construction, installation)