The Nichols & Simpson instrument at First Presbyterian Church in Batesville, Arkansas replaces a Möller pipe organ that was originally built in the 1920’s. When the present church was constructed in 1965, the Möller was sent back to the factory and was re-built. There had been some subsequent additions made to the instrument by a service technician. The new Nichols & Simpson pipe organ incorporates some pipework from the Möller and two ranks of pipes that were added by the service technician. The new instrument features a new console with manual natural keys of bone and sharps of rosewood, rosewood drawknobs with bone faces inset for engraving, and rosewood expression shoes. The organ also was provided with new Nichols & Simpson pallet-and-slider windchests and new expression shades.
Those who contributed to the realization of the organ include:
C. Joseph Nichols (engineering, installation, tonal finishing)
Wayne E. Simpson III (design, voicing, tonal finishing)
Duane Vanderpluym (construction, installation)
Jorge A. Osorio (console, construction, installation)